Friday, January 15, 2010

2 Weeks Notice


Where to start.....
The days turn into nights, and then the nights turn into days...The days feel long, but the time feels short.

It's been almost 2 weeks at Kripalu now. Starting to see the overall schedule to how things go around here. The workshops we get to take during the week repeat themselves...the food repeats every couple of weeks...I've tried all sorts of new things.

I tried Tai Chi the other day and thought it was pretty awesome. We did some partner stuff that no one really leads and you have to just intuit the next movement. I find that just like in life, it can be difficult to find balance between pushing and pulling, leading or following. Trying to allow yourself to stay in this moment and not always looking ahead to plan, or looking behind comparing to the past.

Morgan (the girl who is training me) and I have been having a blast at work. She just got this sweet hula hoop in the mail (the mail room called our office to let us know!), so of course we had to go try it out! We went in the hallway for a quick hoop, when all of the sudden the big cheese on campus walked out of his office we happened to be hooping in front of. We just kind of stared for a moment until he spoke and invited us to hoop for him. We did and then he put down all of his important documents and hooped with us! Love it.

Last night Morgan took me and a couple friends into town to show us the sights. It was a lovely drive through mountains and farms. Even a beautiful barn with horses, Mom! When we arrived in Lennox, she says "don't blink!". There isn't even a traffic light in Lennox. "town"...haha. It should be a nice walk...maybe on my day off I can walk in to get coffee...mmmMM

Speaking of days off....No days off this weekend because I am doing my first intensive workshop with Dharma Mittra! Yay! I saw there was like 70 people signed up though...but it should still be awesome. I'm such a nerd, but I had all of my workshops planned out before I came and am, almost embarrassingly so, excited about them.

Things are getting more comfortable around the dorms. I play ping pong with friends before I go to bed, so that I can beat up on my bros when I get home..then we watch a movie or just chat until one by one we all go to bed to get ready to wake up with the sun.

Where we feel safe, calm, and peaceful is when we come home to our self. Rest in what is so.

Jai!

No comments:

Post a Comment