Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dance Party Saturday


Saturday is a long day for us at work. I have to be at the studio at 6am to "Supervise" the yoga classes. aka just make sure the teachers are there and they have everything they need. Then we are in the office or around the center until the 5:15pm supervising.

Morgan and I met and talked to some former volunteers for a bit, got some coffee, and I worked on some Excel spreed sheet stuff for most of the day. At lunch we took a "Journey Dance Yoga Class" with Toni (who is amazing!) and the KYD Drummers. We danced our faces off for two hours or so. It was exhilarating. There were about 60 people in the room (it's a weekend, so there are more guests).

We grubbed on some awesome food, then back to the corridors of "the Mez" (our offices). When I got done with the evening supervising, I found my friend Anna, and we made the trek back to Hill House to shower. Anna just got back from serving in the Peace Corps in West Africa. She is so much fun and we get along really well.

After we had pasta for dinner (Yes!) we met up with the rest of our group to decide on the evenings activity. We had to chose from a "sampler" (a preview for a workshop) on finding your path in life, or a Jivamukti hula hoop dance party.....yup you guessed it...I danced!

So, there was inspiring live music and a DJ from New York. Siddie (Jivamukti instructor) was also doing a hula hooping demo (WOW!). We danced for three hours....ranging from Michael Jackson to music with languages I have never heard. We twists, shaked, flipped, and created weird fun things you have never seen.

We all met up to walk back to Hill House (notice the trend...it's an intense walk in the dark with -11 winds coming at your face). So we played and we weaved in and out of each other, gazing up towards the glowing stars.

A couple of us played ping pong, or journaled, made art, read, wrote, hooped, and talked. We talk of travels, exotic people, places, and experiences. And we talk of the simplicity in which we strive for.

My friend Brodrick jammed on the guitar. His voice is hypnotizing. I hummed along. My friend Sara sat and made windows out of twigs for a project she is doing. She is pretty amazing. A great yogi and artist. We did this til 1:30am (way past quiet hours! 10pm-6am)I have Sunday and Monday off. yesssssss....me time.....ahhhhh...

Now off to silent breakfast (all breakfast at Kripalu is silent). I find this extremely refreshing...I mean who wants to chat in the morning anyways?!

Om Namah Shivaya
“I honor that which I am capable of becoming.”

No comments:

Post a Comment