Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Teacher




Lately I have been asked and have found myself talking about "my teacher" a lot. When I refer to "my teacher" I am imagining all of those people it took to get me to grasp a concept or lesson. So, maybe it's not one concrete person but a collection of helping words, open hearts, and interactions all streaming from the same source.

I find my teachers in everything I do and everything I am, equally. It could be in the traditional sense of a student/guru relationship, a parent/child, a friend/enemy, or even a source deep within myself.

"There is a light in our heart that is beyond all sorrow" I believe that it is when we can notice this light that is innate in all of us that we may become open enough to receive the teachings of the eternal source. Therefore: We are all teachers, and we are all students. All is that, and that is us.

No comments:

Post a Comment